Following a successful, 21-year career in the legal sector, Jamie now works as an executive coach and facilitator. Drawing on his background as a solicitor, trainer and learning and development leader, Jamie is passionate about helping professionals achieve their full potential and develop the self-awareness, confidence and motivation to effect change, both for themselves and their organisations.
Jamie’s clients are typically mid-level and senior professionals who benefit from his support when navigating a career transition – whether a step into a leadership position, a change in role focus or responsibilities or working through the “path to partnership” or promotion. As a father of two teenagers, Jamie also works with parents to balance the dual demands of being present and ‘hands-on’ at home with a successful and sustainable career.
Most recently, Jamie was Director of Learning and Development at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, a global law firm, where he developed an internal executive coaching programme for both lawyers and business services teams. He also designed and facilitated leadership development and coaching skills workshops using blended, experiential and interactive learning techniques. Jamie delivered these initiatives in the London, New York and European offices.
Jamie is an Accredited Executive Coach and Member of the Association for Coaching.
Coaching and Facilitation
Recent client assignments with individuals and groups:
- Supporting the transition to new leadership roles
- Developing career strategy and momentum
- Effective delegation and supervision
- Giving feedback and motivating Millennials
- Managing ‘Challenging Conversations’
- Building confidence, resilience and personal effectiveness (including ‘imposter syndrome’)
- Achieving a successful and sustainable career (including wellbeing and work-life balance)
- Growing coaching and mentoring skills and cultures
- Facilitating a ‘Manager as Coach’ approach
- A ‘one-off’, 60-minute ‘spot-coaching’ session where you work with Jamie ‘on-the-spot’ to focus on the topic or challenge you bring to the discussion. You will also speak briefly with Jamie beforehand (by phone or Zoom) to review the format of the session, confidentiality and broadly what you hope to achieve.
- Three 90-minute coaching sessions over a three-month period. These allow time and space to explore your goals in more detail and an opportunity for Jamie to help you keep momentum and reflect on actions between sessions.
- Five 90-minute coaching sessions over a six-month period. An ‘executive’ coaching programme to support more complex areas of development or a change in role or responsibilities.
Fee rates will depend on the duration of the programme. Options 2 and 3 include an initial ‘chemistry meeting’ to discuss format, duration, confidentiality, expectations and your goal or goals.
Coaching is offered both in-person and remotely (by phone or Zoom).
Facilitation and Group Workshops
Jamie designs and facilitates a range of 60-minute, half-day and full-day workshops around the topics mentioned above. His sessions are highly interactive and experiential in nature, supported by short preparation activities and follow-up resources. Delivery style is ‘coach-facilitator’ rather than traditional ‘presenter’.
Fee rates will depend on the duration of the programme.
Workshops are offered both in-person and remotely (via Zoom or your preferred virtual platform).
What Clients Say
“Jamie was beyond helpful and struck precisely the right balance between me working things out for myself vs giving me direction through challenging questions.”
“In a challenging year, I’ve really benefited from the clarity and support that working with Jamie has given me. I’ve felt challenged to grow and adapt in a way that has made the most of who I am.”
“Jamie is extremely easy to connect with and was able to provide invaluable guidance after my promotion. From my coaching sessions with Jamie, my knowledge and confidence grew, which improved the performance of the team and my ability to manage them better, for which I will be forever thankful.”
“Jamie is an engaging workshop leader who knows his stuff. He introduced me to some new ideas and was creative in facilitating our learning. The workshop was very professionally run and Jamie excelled at drawing out our thoughts and learning.”
“Jamie has supported us as a coach and facilitator for a variety of skills workshops. His engaging, thoughtful and interactive style (and highly personable nature) make him extremely well-suited to coaching a variety of employees on a breadth of topics. Jamie also brings many techniques and approaches to his workshops, to deliver tailored and relevant content. If you’re looking for a versatile and highly regarded consultant, I would not hesitate to recommend Jamie to you.”
“Jamie’s coaching sessions really helped me to find ways to identify and get to the core of the issues that I was finding difficult, to think about practical ways to improve them and to be able to use those techniques in other areas going forward. I thought the sessions were well pitched, well thought through and effort had been put into tailoring approach and content to me personally. Jamie has also helped me to change the way I might approach and perceive ‘issues’ and to be conscious of the impact of my approach on possible outcomes.”
Get in Touch
Jamie Butler – Founder | Accredited Executive Coach | Facilitator
T: 07766 065812
Send Jamie a Message
Copyright Jamie Butler Coaching Limited – All rights reserved